TRADE REGULATION AND LITIGATION PARALEGAL
Adduci, Mastriani & Schaumberg LLP (AMS) is a top-ranked, boutique firm with unprecedented experience in International Trade Law and Intellectual Property Litigation. AMS is seeking a talented, positive and organized Trade Regulation and Litigation Paralegal. Ideal candidate is an experienced paralegal well-suited to a collaborative, collegial firm culture and able to work in team settings to meet tight deadlines.
Description of Position: Trade Regulation and Litigation Paralegal will be primarily responsible for case management and organization.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage:
- filings before the U.S. Department of Commerce and International Trade Commission in antidumping and countervailing duty and other trade remedy proceedings and related matters, and
- discovery, document production and litigation holds.
- Prepare and e-file documents on ITA ACCESS (USDOC), EDIS (USITC), and ECF (District Court, Court of International Trade), and additional platforms as needs present in cases related to trade remedy, antidumping and countervailing duties.
- Develop in-depth familiarity with procedural rules, particularly rules governing filings, service and submissions.
- Ensure expedient updates and data sharing with client and co-counsel, including case developments, incoming document productions, etc.
- Use legal databases (Westlaw, EDIS, Docket Navigator, PACER) for cite-checking and document retrieval.
- Docket deadlines, track draft exhibits and similar case-related submissions, correspondence, etc.
- Proofread and cite-check (Blue Book).
- Ability to interact with outside agencies (court, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors) and coordinate activities as needed in support of case.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates will have 2+ years of experience in Trade regulation and IP litigation.
- Strong understanding of formatting and filing requirements required by the Department of Commerce and ITC.
- Preferred experience with legal databases (e.g., Westlaw, EDIS, Docket Navigator, PACER) for cite-checking and document retrieval and e-discovery and litigation support software (e.g., Relativity, IPRO.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365 Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and document management systems.
- Aptitude for learning and training on new systems.
- Excellent editing skills, attention to detail, conscientiousness, versatility, professionalism, reliability, and an ability to work well on a team and with personnel at all levels.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Quick comprehension and execution skills, and ability to deliver quality work on time and under pressure. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Proactive and solutions oriented. Ability to work independently and as part of a team to foster a positive, productive work environment.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the above skills and expertise, initiative, a positive attitude toward learning, and enthusiasm for his or her role in our organization. For consideration, applicants are requested to provide cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.